Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Reasons to Edit

During my lunch break I wrote a whole thing about ketchup packets. I mostly discussed the pros and cons to having a packet versus having a dipping container. I wrote a lot on the topic, but I felt that my argument didn't really do anything special so I decided to save it for another time in case I can't think of anything to write about. As it is right now, I don't have much else to write about, but I will still hold off on the condiments for another time.

There's a lot of things I COULD write about. My past weekend, my future plans, but let's talk about the present. Let's talk about this moment. Let's start with my attire. Well I'm wearing my usual work pants. I'm wearing black socks. That's a very rare occurrence for me. Probably cause up until Sophia's wedding last month, I only owned 1 black sock. Not 1 pair of black socks, just 1 black sock. What happened to the other one, I don't know. Some people might say, "It's in a better place now," or "It's happier where ever it is." Well that's bull because socks don't have emotions and can't feel. It's a sock that was lost, let's get over it. Anyway, black socks today, as long as my black dress shoes.

The interesting part about my outfit today, in my mind, is what you can't see. No, not my underpants. (I'm wearing Banana Republic boxers) BTW, I know I have said that I don't wear underpants on certain days, mostly during the summer. In shorts it can be much more comfortable. But when my job makes me commute for 3 hours/day, well you need underwear for that. Don't risk it. If the train derails, I want underpants. If I have to stay in the city for some reason, I want underpants. If I lose the underpants I'm wearing, I want back-up underpants. (Actually that's a great idea. From now on I'm bringing a back-up pair of underwear to work. I usually bring my backpack with me anyway and it's just too dangerous not to have underwear. The only decision I have to make is whether or not my back up should be boxer or briefs. I'm thinking briefs because if I'm in need for a back-up pair of underwear, I'm gonna need briefs.)

Alright back on track. So I'm wearing a yellow GAP Polo, which again, isn't that interesting. The interesting part is that I'm wearing a wife-beater underneath my polo. I never do that. This morning when I was getting ready I looked really hard for a clean wife beater only to put a polo on. I know that some people do that, but why. All day I was trying to think of my thought process about why I put on the wife beater. Maybe it's because I had a really dirty weekend, wearing very dirty clothes, and today I just wanted to be wearing extra clean clothes. But that doesn't sound like me. Maybe it's because the rest of my outfit was missing my favorite color: white. White needs to represented people, especially with all this racism going on. Maybe it's because I don't actually have a wife I can beat, so wearing this under shirt is the closest I can come to it. Regardless of my reasons, I do feel comfortable, but not any more so than without it.

I think tomorrow I'm going to try a similar polo without a wife-beater and see how it feels.

Also I'm starting to become uncomfortable in my boxers right now. And I can't do anything about it since I don't have my back-up underwear.




The big spacing in between this paragraph and the last signifies that I took a long break from writing. I was applying to jobs and had to do some actual work, which both are kinda more important than this blog. At least until I get more viewers and can make money off of this.

So I NBC has a sweet 2-year program, but hasn't opened for applications yet. Time Warner/HBO has a bunch of good positions, but every time I hit apply it wouldn't go through. On the 5th try, I did it. So here's hoping already being in the Temp Pool helps me somewhat in the actual job department. I even applied for 2 temp positions, so I feel like I should be on top of those lists. (Though one temp job needed me to speak fluently in Spanish. If I get only one call back, I hope its not for that position.)

This blog really allows me to use ( ) as much as I want. I also feel like that thing that is really preventing me from breaking through on the blog medium is my lack of grammar skills and excessive use of punctuation, specifically when it's not needed or used incorrectly.

Before I close this out, every time I post a blog, there's always room at the bottom to add labels for the post. So if I were to write about dogs, doghouse might be a label. That way if I have another post about doghouses and use doghouse as a label, you could find my two posts together.
Anyway, I bring this up because occasionally I do use the labels, but these are the three examples of what blog spot gives me for labels.

"Labels for this post:
e.g. scooters, vacation, fall"

Now I can't help but think, where can I find the blog that has that label. I can only hope that fall is an action not a season. And that more than one scooter rider fell during their vacation, possibly scarring them for life. I'm just a wishful thinker I guess. But feel free to suggest some labels for future posts, and maybe that'll help me with some writing topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment