Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Joys of Sitting

I had my lunch about an hour ago and while eating I started to write about sitting. I'll just type up what I wrote.

"There is a huge difference between sitting down all day AT WORK and sitting down at home or on a break. As I write this I am eating the Grill Station Special of the Day: Philly Cheese Steak. It's pretty good, solid roll, though I wish they didn't use American cheese. I also didn't follow the Golden Rule: When in doubt, ADD Bacon. But its still good. But back to the sitting. I've spent the last two days doing office work at HBO. During this time (and my time here two weeks ago) I've mostly sat. Even if I had work to do, I sit while doing it. The chair I sit in is very comfortable and my posture is usually slumped far down, just the way I like it."

I'm taking a break to apologize for my inconsistent tense usage. I'm all over the place here, present, past, future, but this is how I wrote it.

Continuing: "I even drove into work this morning sitting the entire time. And yet, it's not enough. As I eat (Cheese steak now finished, working on fries) I'm in the same sitting position, but much more comfortable. Maybe it's the food, or peace of mind or something else, I don't know, but breaks makes for better sitting. I'll be doing even more sitting later during my 14 hour drive. I'm pretty sure that I'll be more comfortable as passenger than driver, but how will 'Driving Sitting' compare to 'Work Sitting?' Will 'Passenger Sitting' feel better than 'Break Sitting?' I don't' know and I don't think I want to know. People say, 'It's the journey, not the destination.' Well I think it should be, 'It's not the journey, it's the sit." So take some time and enjoy a good sit.

If I had to rate the best sits, the list would include:
-Beach chair at beach sit
-Water tube in water sit
-Santa's Lap Sit
-Sitting in a very large chair
-Sitting in a very high chair
-Sitting for Thanksgiving Dinner

There's more, but I'm on a time limit so I'll wrap this up. I thought to write about standing, but it ruined my sitting, so that's not happening. Maybe next time I don't find a seat on the train and have to stand, I'll discuss standing, but not while I sit. Now that lunch is over I'm preparing myself to end my 'Break Sit' and transition to "Work Sit."

That was everything I had for lunch. As I transcribed my passage I also thought it might have been good to discuss laying down, but laying down is a much rarer occurrence and doesn't quite create the discussion that sit does.

No comments:

Post a Comment